Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bill Lambert

Word came late this afternoon that Bill Lambert crashed his truck into a tree. His injuries were such that the STAR helicopter was called in to fly him up to Stanford.

First report was that he crashed at 50 mph. Then, upon consideration......no one could remember Bill driving his truck anywhere near 50 mph.

The Volunteers report that Bill was conscious and responding to treatment. Still, he was airlifted out.....

His helper Juan was in the passenger seat and was not in such good shape.......

I am sure most of you already know about this and are joining me in sending thoughts/prayers to where ever they go.

Bill is a classic......and the personification of our Valley. His great-grandpa or great-great ran the little store by the Memory Gardens in 1848. Bill himself tells stories of building roads with Grandpa Fred Nason with mules and wagons. He is tough as old rawhide, so if anyone can pull through it will be Bill......

But lend a hand anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger kathy said...

Thanks for posting this Michael. I was driving back from an appointment shortly after this. Even my CalFire daughter couldn't tell me who it was. I need her to be more connected....

Heavy-duty healing vibes to both of them. And I'll keep everything crossed including my eyes. I'll even be cross with Brian if that helps.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home