Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Trying not to pile on......

Uhhh....

I am an Internationalist. And, because I know my friend Kathy reads all this....I try to remain politically correct. And gender-ly correct.

I resisted posting the long Flickr site of Madame Sarkozy's album and and her many less than fully clothed fotos. Even though Amanda thinks they are very hot.....and she hates French people and culture.

Also, I hated Hillary Clinton.....not because she was a woman, but because she represented everything that I despise in Democratic politics.

Well, not everything.

Dianne Feinstein represents everything I despise in Democratic politics.....but you see what I mean.

I was seriously offended when Hillary pandered to The Right and sponsored a bill making desecration of the American Flag a federal crime.

I have been fighting this attitude for at least forty years......on principles way too obscure to get into here....but they involve wildly obscure French philosophers and anthropologists like Derrida and Levi-Strauss. As a non-pot smoker and rabid non-tobacco smoker, I have always maintained a stash of American flag rolling papers as a defense against random incursion into my Constitutional freedoms and rights of self-expression..

I fell in love with my first wife at first sight.....and not completely unrelated to her sporting a leather American Flag bikini with a Flag motorcycle helmet...at age 18.

Hey, relax! I was 20......

So when Hillary went all "Protect the Flag", I gave up on her.

I want to hereby publicly apologize to her and all her supporters.

I get it now.

There are some images, some situations, some circumstances, that the symbol of our country should not ever.....ever be associated with.


Is that the BabyDaddy in the background with the cig and the Old Milwaukee 16'er?

Jesus. Even us Cachagua folks don't drink that shit. Natty Ice also went away with Miz Judy and Tom Ambling....five years ago.

Dear Lord.....please don't let them elect these people. I really like Spain, France and England.....and the Groucho mask doesn't really fit.....and I would really like to go to Spain again without reconstructive surgery.

6 Comments:

Blogger kathy said...

I only noticed the cigarette... which is also not a good thing.

BTW - the photos I've seen of Madame Sarkozy with fewer clothes on are hot. Female bodies, on the whole, are so much better to look at than male bodies, yes? Let us take, for example, our asshole governor when he has almost no clothing on. Appealing? Absolutely not. I'm only genderly correct with the printed word I'm thinking - we are not all 'he, him, his' and I'm assuming it's god/dess who watches over us with much humor. Nice nekkid bodies are always PC. Bring on the photos.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Sequoiagrapeboy said...

That picture is scary on SO many levels...

Tell me it's photoshopped!? I have a hard enough time sleeping...

1:40 PM  
Blogger kathy said...

Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn. It's photoshopped. Damn. http://rightwingnews.com/mt331/2008/09/this_is_the_sarah_palin_bikini.php

6:52 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Here in Santorini, after enjoying a long day of climbing volcanoes, jumping off a 50 foot schooner into the Mediterranean and swimming to hot springs that flowed to the sea, and then enjoying a wonderful octopus snack (crispy from the grill on the outside, tender in the middle and doused with the perfect amount of vinegear) on korfos, I returned to my villa and flicked on the news (don't I sound like an asshole?). I suppose Greece counts itself as part Europe, but the blonde news girl with absurd cleavage and an unpronouncable name seemed to favor McCain. I guess they just cover whats relevant (RNC), but here (and in Israel obviously) the fear-mongering regarding russia's incursion into Georgia is of paramount importance. This is of course just what i surmized from the coverage since i cannot speak a lick of Greek. All I heard about the VP candidate is that she has a down syndrome child and hates killing babies (of course brown, commie and russian don't count). How long till they tie the kid to the front of the campaign bus?

2:54 PM  
Blogger mb said...

snopes.com says it's photoshopped.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/palin.asp

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home